Wednesday 20 November 2013

Something for your Christmas wish list...

I love books! Not only do I have several bookcases bursting at the seams, I also have little stacks of them all over the house so I can find them on my travels and stop for a quick browse in search of inspiration. I thought you might like to see one book I've been inspired by recently. It's Scissors, Paper, Craft' by the very brilliant Christine Leech (who also brought us 'Little Sew and Sew', 'Everything Oz' and 'Everything Alice').

There are 30 projects tucked away inside this snazzy book, from folk art wall stars, Japanese bound notebooks and a birdhouse desk tidy, to a birdcage pop-up card, giant gift roses and a very fabulous feather mobile...and what do they all have in common? They're all made from paper! 


I love the styling and photography in this book. It's really fresh, enticing and will have you reaching for your scissors and paper stash before you know it.

What a great way to keep all of your mail and important papery bits and bobs neat and tidy!

Every project has clear, easy-to-follow instructions and lots of step-by-step photos to help you along the way. The combination of written instructions, photos of many of the stages and close-up photos of the finished projects are really helpful (and will stop any mid-project panics when you think you might have gone wrong).

LOVE these notebooks!

Another example of the very fabulous instructions that accompany each of the projects. I can safely say that your finished projects will no doubt have a 100% success rate (although, don't hold me to that if the cat runs off with a piece or sits in the middle of the table where you're working. I'm speaking from experience here!)

How lovely to have a hand-crafted guest book for such a momentous and special occasion. This would make a fabulous gift for a friend...or you could keep it for yourself and use it as a crafty scrapbook to be filled with tales of a special holiday or magazine clippings of inspiration for future projects.

Here comes the bride...how very elegant (and long lasting).

Scissors, Paper, Craft is full of elegantly stylish ideas that are great for both beginners and those with a little more crafty experience under their belt.

These giant harebell fairy lights would be fabulous draped over a mirror at home all year round, or used at a special celebration to add that little finishing touch.

 Go star crazy and put strings of these folk art stars all over your house in time for Christmas.

There's a lovely feel to this book. It's like sitting down with an old friend and a cup of tea for an afternoon of crafting indulgence.

This is one of my favourite projects in the book. I love the colours and shapes. It's such a simple idea, but so effective. One of the many things that appeals to me about this book is how many of the projects I look at and find myself thinking, 'I could have a go at that'.

Wow!


Scissors, Paper, Craft
by Christine Leech
Part of the Simple Makes Series
published by Quadrille
£12.99