Saturday 17 August 2013

Festival Fun


I had a fabulous day at the Festival of Quilts (at the NEC in Birmingham) last weekend. It's always a great show to go and this year was no exception...hundreds of amazing quilts to admire and lots of stalls selling tempting offerings (I had to ration myself or I'd have come home with a lorry load of fabrics and trimmings!)


One of the highlights of my day was meeting the very lovely Stuart from 'The Great British Sewing Bee'. We chatted about quilting and when I asked him how he was finding things since being on TV, he said he loved being able to talk to so many people about sewing. I think it's great that the the programme has inspired so many people to get stitching.

With so many wonderful quilts and quilt art on display, it was a job picking out which ones to share with you here...so here's a small selection of the pieces I loved the most...

Apple Tree Book
Sandra Fowler




Just to Make You Smile
Gillian Travis

The Mouse and the Cuckoo Clock
Sally Snushall



Quarter
Lucie Summers and Jenny Spencer

My Family
Stephanie Kirby

Gardener's Journal
Sue Whitby

Tracy's Reel Medallion
Tracy Aplin

Little Stars
Jean Ball

Book at Bedtime (detail)
Kate Crossley

Sorry - Not the Chelsea Flower Show!
Herti Estl

Three Spoons a Day (detail)
Maria Thomas

The Orchard
Jill Pargeter

Once Upon a Spoon (detail)
Sue Bibby

Transported - Full Circle
Terry Donaldson

3 comments:

lemonade kitty said...

I must admit I'm not much of a "quilty" person but some of those are gorgeous, especially the "mouse and the clock" how charming, and the flowers did make me smile! xx

the vanilla squirrel said...

beautiful - i wish I'd been there its so inspirational..... thank you for sharing x

Busy Lizzie said...

Thank you for sharing. Looks like a wonderful event. xxx