Sunday 8 January 2012

Hello 2012, Hello Blogland Once More!

Happy new year everyone! I hope you've all had a fabulous festive season.

Oh, how I've missed blogging! Can it really have been so long since I last tapped out a post? Where on earth does the time go? In my case, it's been taken up with the fun and rather time-consuming business of looking after a little one (who has now learnt to crawl and is busily trying to pull herself up on to her feet)! Even though being a mum is the best job in the world I've missed being part of Blogland - not only writing my own posts but also reading about everyone else's adventures. With the dawning of 2012 came a promise to myself that I'd try to carve out a bit of regular time when I could indulge in a spot of blogging. So, here I am...back in Blogland and hoping that you'll pop by and say "hello" once more.

It was such a gloriously sunny morning on Friday that Little Treasure and I braved the slightly crisp January air and went to the park. It's a popular little haven in amongst suburbia and there were lots of other little folk there enjoying the sunshine too.

I love this 'bench'. It's made from a tree trunk and has all sorts of creatures carved into it.

New things often spring up in the park and the latest things we've spotted are some rather lovely sculptures (this being one of them). They fit in perfectly next to the nature pond. A bit of trivia for you - for those who remember the TV series 'Butterflies' (starring Wendy Craig), this pond is the one she used to sit by in the programme (as it was filmed in our neck of the woods)!

Little Treasure loves seeing the ducks and gets very excited whenever we get near the duck pond. I was always asking my parents if we could go and feed our local ducks when I was little and I have a funny feeling Little Treasure won't be any different!

I loved the way the light caught the leaves. Such a lovely rich colour.

Two of Little Treasure's beloved ducks happily soaking up the sun.

After all the excitement of the sun, leaves and duck pond, Little Treasure couldn't keep her eyes open and drifted off to the sounds of quacking ducks splashing about on their pond. Little folk are so peaceful when they're asleep, aren't they?!

9 comments:

Murgatroyd said...

Good to have you back TTS! What a lovely Friday morning, no wonder Little Treasure needed a snooze after so much excitement.
(Looking forward to seeing you next week)x

Linda McMullan said...

Welcome back to Blogland, Mrs. Treasure! Yours is the first Blog I ever read regularly, so I'm happy to see a post from you; looks like little Treasure has been busy growing! Happy New Year.

salty pebble said...

happy new year to you and your sweet treasure of a family ;0)
when my little girl, now 5 yrs was a baby i loved walking to my local park- mainly the fresh air but also while walking you can think while they take in the scenery- think its a good thing to have a bit of your own time too...your little one was only just born when i last visited, best wishes x

salty pebble said...

p.s i signed in with my old blog, which isnt open to the public now...
new blog is 'countryrabbit.blogsppot.com'

Josie Crafter said...

"when they're asleep" being the key phrase, I think !! ha! Ha!
Hello there Mrs Treasure :-)
So lovely to see you back here and I really hope you can blog a little and often. Thank you for the lovely card and photo - it's gorgeous! And I'll be carving some time of my own to get back in touch too.
Much love to you all,
Happy New Year !!!!!!
xx

Country Cottage Chic said...

Looking after a little Treasure is a full time job so I'm sure we can forgive you for your blogland absence ....but don't make a habit of it! ;-)

Jayne

The fabric of my life said...

So lovely to see you Mrs Treasure Seeker and to get a glimpse of the delicious Miss T S! Love your shadowy mummy picture and the tour round your park. Catch up with you really soon and tell that little girl that I am looking forward to my next cuddle!

Happy New Year to you all x

Vintage to Victorian said...

Oh Katie, she's a real Treasure. She's gorgeous!!! I haven't blogged or read blogs for such a long time either, so it has been a treat to read your comeback post (popped in to read Viv's and saw your comment).

Happy New Year to you and Mr and Miss Treasure Seeker. May it be a wonderful one for you all.

Sue x

Shane Pollard said...

Hello Katie

Love your blog and all the lovely things you're doing - resonates with me.
I'm your newest follower!
I hope you'll pop me a visit when you get time and I'll get out my prettiest teacups and make you welcome. Mmmmm let's see, shall I bake Lavender shortbread ot anzac bikkies - which would you prefer??!!!

Adored that quilt with the smocked dresses.
Love your pictures with treasured pieces of fabrics and other things.
I'm going to make one of those too - I'll have to dig deep into my boxes.

Wishing you all the Blessings you've dreamed of for 2012 Katie and much much more!
Shane in New Zealand