Wednesday 8 December 2010

Staying in the Warm

Despite the weather forecast saying we weren't going to have any snow, everything outside is covered in the white, fluffy stuff! It's only a little dusting, but it's made everything look so pretty. Our little road looks like a scene from Narnia. Mr Treasure's particularly pleased because he absolutely loves snow!


Not really wanting to venture outside in the cold, I decided to sort out some of my fabric today and put a selection on eBay. I've been meaning to do it for a while, so I finally knuckled down and got on with it! Here's a peek at a few of the pieces I've put up for sale...



A fabulous piece of Tibor Reich fabric from 1964. It's called 'Agincourt' and was commissioned by the Shakespeare Birth Trust for Shakespeare's quatercentenary. The colours are so vibrant, with a little hint of gold here and there.


There's something about selvedges that I've always really loved (and to be honest, I can't really put my finger on what it is!) 'Agincourt' has a great selvedge...it adds so much to the story of the fabric and I love the fact even a colour palette's been included.
A fabulously vibrant piece of 1970's fabric.

More fabric from the 1970's, this time in classic golden colours with a design that's so typical of this decade.


I really like the stylised design of this fabric, which is either from the 1960's or 70's. It would make great cushions!


Classic 1970's! I can remember my parents having wallpaper similar to this in our bathroom when I was little!


Do pop over to eBay if you're in need of some fabric for a project to keep you out of the cold!

1 comment:

Sal said...

Lovely pieces of fabric!
Now then...you take care young lady!!
Have a lovely Christmas ;-)x