Wednesday 13 January 2010

Creative Stitchery

I've been pretty restrained in the post-Christmas sales this year and haven't really bought anything. It's not that I haven't been looking, it's just that nothing's really caught my eye...until the other day!

I'm a HUGE fan of Poppy Treffry's designs, so imagine my delight when I received an email newsletter telling me all about the glorious Poppy Treffry January sale!

I've long held the belief that a girl can never have too many bags. My justification for buying this 'Flouncy' was that it would be perfect for a wedding we're going to in May!

There are always lots of little design features in the things that Poppy and her team make...like this little butterfly that's on the back of my new bag.

Hoorah for machine embroidery!

There's always time for a brew and I also couldn't resist this tea cosy. We've already got a 'Tea by the Sea' one, so I thought this would be a good companion for it!

There's ticking inside our new tea cosy. It reminds me of deckchairs on a sunny seaside beach.

And on the back, is a Poppy Treffry doodle. Such a lovely touch!

This is the book that Poppy's just published. I bought one as soon as I heard about it and I'm so glad I did. There are inspirational pictures aplenty and projects of all ability levels to have a go at.

How fabulous would it be to use an egg cosy this cute for breakfast every morning?!

I think I'm going to have to have a go at making a picture or two. It'll give me a good excuse to raid my fabric stash!

This purse would be great to make as a present...but I fear I wouldn't want to give it away once I'd made it (either because the stitching was all wonky, or because I was rather pleased with the result...my projects have a habit of always going one way or the other)!

New Year's wish No. 1 - make more time for creative sewing.

7 comments:

harmony and rosie said...

I bought that book not so long ago, too, but haven't done anything from it yet. I haven't really had the time to play with it, so I'll be interested to see how your makes turn out!

Kate

Pomona said...

Lovely things you have bought - no wonder you couldn't resist them!

Pomona x

Country Cottage Chic said...

Lovely things Katie! I have my very own embroiderer in the guise of Miss Cottage who does fabulous work too.

:-)
Jayne

BusyLizzie said...

Gorgeous goodies, thank you for sharing! Lizzie x

A Bun Can Dance said...

Hi Katie
Ooh lovely purchases! The bag is so delightful - at first I thought it was a very short mini-skirt - ahem! Then I thought, of course Katie wouldn't wear such a tiny pelmet of a thing....!!
I hope all is well in your snowy land - ours is beginning to melt today, but where will all the water go?
Have a fab weekend
D x

A Bun Can Dance said...

Happy Weekend to you!
I've awarded you a Sunshine Blog award over at my place - for bringing a ray of sunshine to my days and lots of inspiration too :-)
Denise x

Suzy's Vintage Attic said...

Hello Katie
I too love her work! I don't have that book YET...
I really like her tea cosies.

Warm wishes
Isabelle x